STAT 335: Principles of Study Design
- Homework #4 is due Thursday, Oct 19
- HW #4: Systematic Sampling in R; Due Thursday, Oct 19; Individual
- Use sample size = 500
- Use Workers_16Older as variable to sort by
- Obtain a simulation of 5000 repeated samples, compute the average commute time for each sample
- Plot the distribution estimates from your simulation study, summarize this distribution by computing a mean and standard deviation, compute the bias for your estimates and plot the bias distribution
- Provide a discussion that compares and contrasts the quality of sampling with simple random sampling and systematic sampling
- Systematic Sampling Example: Link | Data
- HW #3: Conduct a simulation of 1000 repeated outcomes to evaluate the effectivess of blocking by gender using the data from the Blocking Effectiveness handout
- Due Tuesday, Sept 9/26; No groups on this one
- Turn in 1) Copy of all your code, 2) dotplot of outcomes, 3) summary statistics of outcomes, 4) A discussion of the effectiveness of blocking by gender
- HW #2: T-Scores: Due Tuesday 9/5; 15 pts; Groups of 3 or less
- HW #1: Naked Analysis: Due Thursday 8/24; 20 pts; Groups of 3 or less; Turn in a brief summary of your analyses for each question
- California Disabilities Expenditures: Link | RQ: Are Hispanics treated unfairly?
- Diamond Pricing: Link | RQ: What effects diamond pricing?